Monday 5 August 2013

Episode 6 - Let's Talk About Books



Full show notes are always available at www.stitchedtogether.co.uk, under the Podcast button.

Plotting

Crafting Library KAL/CAL.  I have chosen my pattern.  It's Professoressa Cardigan by Connie Chang Chinchio, from Textured Stitches which I bought in Spring 2012.  I have got my yarn as I had a discount code for The Knitting Shop and they sell Cascade 220 Sport, and buying a kit was an even cheaper way to get the yarn.  If you have photos of the yarn you have chosen why don't you post them on Instagram or Twitter with the hashtag of #STCLKAL.  If you tag your project on Ravelry too, we can easily find each other when we get started.  I have opened a Stitched Together Crafting Library KAL thread on the Ravelry Board so you can start posting your pattern and yarn ideas.  You should be getting ready to get started!

Cascade 220 Sport

Tour de Fleece 2013.  I didn't win anything, but I learnt a lot. I blogged full details here.
My most recent Challenge To Myself project has finished and I'm planning my next one.  It appears that I will be making a garment for my Sister-in-Law as she has fallen in love with the yarn and pattern I talked about in my recent blog post.  She is very definitely knit-worthy!  She wants the Cable & Pleat Tunic.

Done & Dusted

Wandering Wildflower by Lara Smoot, using Countess Ablaze Count Cashmerino High Twist in a OOAK colourway.  My project page is here, and a blog post with more pictures is here.

Wandering Wildflowers 07

Dew Drops Shawl by Bex Hopkins using Artisan Yarns Soft Silk Camel Lace.

Dew Drops Shawl 04

BFL/ramie from Hilltop Cloud is spun and I have 173m of sport weight yarn.


8 wash cloths based on Grandmother's Favorite, using Knit Picks Dishie and some Peaches & Creme I found in my stash.


I'm thinking about buying Dishcloth Diva for my next batch of dishcloths.

Nose to The Grindstone

Got some wonderful rolags sent to me by Deborah of Fondant Fibres in purple, made of alpaca/bamboo/silk and I'm spinning those on my Tibetan spindle.  I swapped to rolags after struggling with the Manx Loaghton, which I was trying to spin too thickly.  That is on hold for now.

Fondant Fibres Purple Rolags 01

I'm spinning Blue Tit from Hilltop Cloud on my Rakestraw.  I'm trying a tighter twist this time.
Minerva Crafts stripey tee. I have only half a sleeve left to do and then I can do the collar and placket and get on with the finishing.
Summer of Lace and Beads KAL shawl has finally been started, using a Wharfedale Woolworks yarn. I'm using a home made tigertail bead applicator, as described by Fleegle.

Glitz at the Ritz 01

Splashed Out

Blue Tit, Jane Seymour and Spindle Case from Hilltop Cloud
Berroco pattern book, Norah Gaughan Collection Vol.13
Koigu Painter's Palette Premium Merino, P716D 2 x 50g skeins.
Of course, there is also the Cascade 220 Sport in Doeskin Heather!
Fleece and Fiber Sourcebook
Knitting the Perfect Fit

Toolbox

Ashford Lazy Kate. This was bought because my cardboard box version got battered.  The new one takes up less space and is harder wearing!

Crafting Library

Textured Stitches: Knitted Sweaters and Accessories with Smart Details by Connie Chang Chinchio.

Patterns I like are:

Professoressa Cardigan - the one I plan to knit with Cascade 220 Sport for the KAL.
Lustro Cardigan
Treccia Wrap
Anna Maria Cardigan
Tulip Henley
Raindrop Cardigan
Gioielli Gloves

Online Community

If you are interested in joining in with a virtual knit night/day using Google Hangouts, let me know either by email, or on Ravelry.  If anyone fancies a trial run, I'd appreciate it, so I can see how it works before setting up a "proper" session.  You can find me on +Google.

Thank you, to Jordyndunaway and KnottyLa for your lovely reviews on the US iTunes store.  It means a lot when people take the time to review podcasts for me.

Lara Smoot, the designer of the Wandering Wildflower cowl I finished has kindly offered to give a listener or reader of the blog one of her patterns.  To win one of these lovely items, go to her pattern store and look at what she has to offer and then visit the thread on the Stitched Together Designs Ravelry board and say which pattern you would like to win.  The giveaway will close when I record my next podcast, which is probably about 3 weeks. You do need to be a member of my Ravelry group to win.

No comments:

Post a Comment